Big Sean & Metro Boomin’s Recent Album Double or Nothing Samples one of Christopher Young's Best Songs
Very exciting news, Big Sean and Metro Boomin’s new album Double or Nothing features the song In Tune, which samples one of Christopher Young’s best songs.
Chris had the huge opportunity in 1996 to work with director F. Gary Gray on his amazing film Set It Off, featuring the brilliant performances of Queen Latifa, Jada Pinkett Smith, Vivica A. Fox, and Kimberly Elise.
The track Big Sean, and Metro Boomin have sampled is Up Against the Wind, one of the most iconic songs on the score album. Fantastic lyrics by David Goldsmith, and beautiful vocals by Lori Perri.
Please listen to the original track Up Against the Wind, and Big Sean and Metro Boomin’s Tune Up below.
Christopher Young Returns to Varna, Bulgaria this summer for the 2018 International Film Scoring Program
Now in its 4th year, this 24-day program aims to provide composers with comprehensive and fundamental techniques in scoring for Film, TV and Visual Media. It examines the responsibilities, workﬂows and processes of the composer from initial commission through the final completion of the scoreRead More
Christopher Young is returning to Spain to lead the 2018 GEMS program.
THE PROGRAM - June 27th - July 5th, 2018
The 2018 GEMS Christopher Young Film Scoring Program, Spain is a full-on creative journey. Divided into 3 parts to maximize your program experience.
Part 1 The Bootcamp. A series of classes, guest speakers, and events.
Part 2 The Christopher Young’s Program. Classes, Assignments & Mentor Session. Composing the main title or a cue for one of Christopher Youngs films.
Part 3 Preparing for and recording your composition with the 40 piece Film Orchestra.
Sam Raimi's 2009 horror masterpiece Drag Me To Hell has been released in a new collector's edition Blu-ray from the good people at Shout! Factory.
This new edition includes:
- NEW Hitting All The Right Notes – An Interview With Composer Christopher Young!
- NEW REMASTER of the Theatrical Cut taken from 2K digital intermediate
- NEW REMASTER of the Unrated Cut taken from 2K digital intermediate
- NEW To Hell And Back – An Interview With Actress Alison Lohman
- NEW Curses! – An Interview With Actress Lorna Raver
- Production Diaries - With Behind-the-scenes Footage and Interviews With Co-writer/director Sam Raimi, Actors Allison Lohman, Justin Long, David Paymer, Dileep Rao, Lorna Raver, Special Effects Guru Greg Nicotero, Director of Photography Peter Deming & more
- Vintage Interviews With Director Sam Raimi And Actors Alison Lohman And Justin Long
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
Composer Christopher Young has been presented with the International Film Music Critics Association Award for Best Original Score for an Action/Adventure/Thriller film by IFMCA members Jon Broxton and Kaya Savas, for his phenomenal score for the Chinese epic The Monkey King.
This is Young’s fifth IFMCA Award, having previously been honored for his scores Urban Legend (1998), Drag Me to Hell(2009, twice) and The Rum Diary (2011). The other nominees in the category were Jonny Greenwood for Inherent Vice, James Newton Howard for The Hunger Gaes: Mockingjay Part I, Nuno Malo for No God No Master, and John Paesano for The Maze Runner....